Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

This Thanksgiving, I went to my dad's friends house and He has two daughters and there two cousins who come over. When we sit down to eat, the adults are in one room and the teenagers and kids are in the other. We were not talking about what the meaning of Thanksgiving is but we were talking about the differences between our schools because they live in Westchester and the schools there are very different from schools in the city. We also talked about drama that goes on in our lives and what we do in our free time. Even though we were not talking about celebrities or things such as brands, we still were subconsciously talking about things that corporate culture influences us to believe such as school. Corporate culture said that it is very important to go to school and get an education and that was one of the things we were talking about and that everyone at the table had in common. Corporate culture also said that it is important to have various extracurriculars and have fun with your life. But one thing I noticed was that we kept going on Facebook which shows how corporate culture stresses how important it is to have friends and keep in contact with friends.
I did not go shopping on Black Friday. I never do and that is because I hate crowds and I become mean in crowds and I do not want that to happen. I also do not want to get trampled in a crowd. I do go shopping the day after Black Friday, though, amd I had to go this year anyway to buy a friend a gift. I heard from certain friends who went shopping on Black Friday that the stores were crazy and some of them said that it got so bad that they just left the store. I understand why people do Black Friday-to get very good sales for christmas presents or just items for themselves and everyone loves sales; but some people just go overboard and get so caught up into it and that is unnecessary in my opinion. I also think that stores need to try and figure out some way to be more organized for this day. It will be very hard to do but they should at least try. Personally, I am very into shopping but I would never go this overboard and fight with other people for an item unless it was something really huge. I would rather get something for a little more money on regular shopping days than go into packed stores and risk injury. I believe that people need to really calm down over this because after the end of the day, they are still only items.

No comments: