Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was fine this year except for the fact that I was sick. I went to Westchester to see my dad's friend and his family. Again, we talked about school and SATS, which shows that school means a good and meaningful life. We also talked about people but we hardly brought up corporate culture, which is something that hardly ever happens and as we were talking about that, I was observing this fact. Also, we got presents which is also defeating Jesus' meaning of Christmas, which is to not get presents but to give presents to people worse off than you. My family and I talked about it but we still didn't "follow" the rule; we are not religious people. My dad did say that by us giving presents, we are doing that to make our loved ones happy and to celebrate spending time with our family. More religious people believe giving presents is to honor Jesus and all of the good things that he did. A majority of people give presents for the reason my family does. I also believe that this is what corporate culture told us to believe and that some folk cultures tell us to give presents instead of recieving presents. The resents during Christmas time was definitely shown to us by the corporate culture because presents are materials and we live in a very materialistic society.

No comments: