Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Break Homework

I feel emotionally healthy when I am doing my homework and when I am being active and when I am talking to people because I know that doing these three things are good for me. When I don't do these things, I feel unhealthy because I feel like I am just wasting my life. I also feel unhealthy when I fly into a rage, which is kind of often, because it makes me feel crazy and unnormal and that I could express anger in a better way. Society probably told us to think this way so we grew up thing of the "right" way to behave. It is almost as if we are emotionally unhealthy if we act a certain way in different situations for example: not crying at sadness.
I don't think that emotionally healthy is the same thing as being constantly happy because not everyone can be constantly happy all the time: people can try and look happy but they are not always feeling the same thing their expressions show. It is not healthy to always be happy because it shows that you do not really understand fully what's going on and life isn't fair: no one can be like that always. The theories we researched in class relate to emotional health because some people can improve their emotional health by having therapy. One form of therapy is to talk to people and for many patients, it works well. Also, when proffesionals who know a a lot about this talk to someone in need, they get a good perspective about how to live a good emotional life. At the same time, the way people express different events can be different than the way the therapist sees it. But in general, this is what emotional health looks like.

No comments: