Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Eating Habits

Over the past 24 hours I've eaten:
-Turkey burgers, green salad with mom's dressing, and potato salad for last night's dinner.
-Candy from Tasti-D-Lite (gummies mostly)
-Chocolate chip ice cream
-Corn flakes with milk for my pre-bed snack.
-Today for breakfast, I had 2 cookies.

I usually eat a light/medium breakfast, a medium lunch, and then a heavy dinner. I eat more when I am at home than I do outside. I sometimes eat a lot of food during dinner and on the occasion that I am still hungry afterwards, I eat a lot of sweets. I have to have dessert after dinner even if I'm stuffed. At home, i eat food much faster than when I am outside and that is probably because I usually eat out with friends and I like talking to them so that slows my eating down, but with my parents, I want to leave the table so I eat pretty fast. If I like the meal I'm eating at home, I eat faster. If I eat something heavy right before dinner time, I stay in the living room and watch TV while everyone else eats. I usually eat weird things for breakfast such as leftover Chinese and I'm not a huge fan of bagels but there are times when I have cravings for breakfast foods at night and in the morning, I don't like them. Sometimes, I have cereal and milk at night before bed or I might have a toasted bagel with butter. There are also times when I'll be craving a certain food for a whole week and I eat it every day but the things I crave aren't healthy. For example, there was 1 week recently when I only wanted to eat Cheetos for a snack and then another week where all I wanted to eat was a chocolate glazed donut from Dunkin Donuts.Of course, I like to eat unhealthy foods but I also eat healthy foods such as salad. I love salads, vegetables, and fruit especially. My parents never gave me fast food when I was younger, so I guess I'm "catching up" on it now. I have a fast metabolism so I can eat a lot and it's hard for me to gain weight. I can't tolerate heavy foods for long periods of time, though. For example, when i went to Serbia in 2005 for a month, most of their food is extremely rich and I gained a lot of weight and my eating habits were thrown out of whack when i got back to the States and I only wanted to eat light foods for a while. I didn't feel good at all. I think most of the time, I have good eating habits.

No comments: