Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Eating Dinner

In my house, my mom cooks the meals and once in a blue moon, we order in. We eat a lot of dishes with meat and/or potatoes in them because my mom is Serbian and that is what most Serbian dishes contain or we eat a lot of pasta. We eat these foods because it is easiest to make. Usually, though, my mom makes food in advance so when we do eat the dinner, all she has to do is heat it up. My family usually eats our dinner at 8-ish and we always sit at the kitchen table. My mom, my dad, my sister, and I always sit in the same place. At the table, we have to tell things about our day and how it went, things like that. My parents, especially my dad, get mad if I don't tell them what goes on with me. We also aren't allowed to drink sweet drinks with dinner. My sister and I also aren't allowed to watch TV during dinner but there are exceptions when I watch a show on Monday or if it is some awards show like the Oscars or if we are sick. Eating dinner is pretty rigid in my house.

No comments: