Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Food

The question I had about food was: are there certain fast food chains that are more healthy than others? According to Health magazine and CBS news, there are some chains that are healthier than others. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/02/earlyshow/health/main4837425_page2.shtml.) I found it very interesting that Mcdonalds was number 8 on this list because most of us know how unhealthy it is but at the same time, they cut out the supersize meals and they also sell salad which is loaded with things but at least it's still salad. I also noticed that most of the things on the list are places that I have heard of and most people probably never heard of them either. For example, I have never heard of Jason's Deli. I also noticed that most of these places sell hardly any fried things and is mostly organic fast food which makes it so healthy. Places like Burger King and Wendy's aren't on it and I have heard that Wendy's is actually more healthy than Mcdonalds. I was also surprised that I didn't see the L.A. burger place, In-and-Out burger on there because In the book Fast Food Nation, the author said that it has fresh meat and fresh ingriedients. The money is probably more expensive but is better for you than other places.

No comments: